Are you or someone you know thinking about leaving school? Let us help you to identify and explore your strengths and ambitions
SCHOOL LEAVERS & YOUNG PEOPLE
"Bigger Picture" is a programme aimed at young people with autism who may be at risk of becoming socially isolated when leaving school.
We use a personalised I-Plan developed between the young people and who they would like to help with his improving process (parents, cousins, friends...).
We assist young people with autism and their families to:
- Take more control of their future;
- Be more involved in their communities;
- Gain better access to employment.
If you are 16-19 years old, have left the school and feel you need extra support to find work or access further education, "Activity Agreements" might be for you.
Together we will plan fun and practical experiences designed to support learning.
Our aim is to:
- Help to gain self confidence;
- Improve skills;
- Help to become independent and successful.
We work with schools across the Highlands to deliver employability workshop for young people who are about to leave school and need extra support.
You will gain:
- A C.V.
- An understanding of employer needs;
- A work focussed action plan;
- Experience in a work place situation;
- Increased confidence in your abilities to contribute.
The course is fun, inclusive and can be adapted for other groups and for young people still attending school.